Personal Achievements & Self-Defense
Copyright © Mayra Lissette Conde, BodySculpting-World.de
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Competitions Record
* 1st place at the 3rd American International BJJ Championships in Carson, CA on Dec. 9, 2001
* 1st place at the U.S. Open BJJ Championships in Santa Cruz, CA on Oct. 15, 2001
* 2001 BRONZE Medalist in the World Wide Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships in Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL on July 26, 2001
* 1st place winner in the heavy weight & open division in the U.S. Open BJJ Championships in Santa Cruz, CA on Nov. 5, 2000
* 1st place winner in the California State BJJ Championships on March 26, 2000
MMA Record Professional Fighting
* Loss by submission in MMA in Tokyo, JAPAN on March 3, 2003
* Draw in the First ALL FEMALE MMA EVENT at HOOKnSHOOT in Evansville, IN on April 13, 2000
* Winner by submission in MMA bout at the Mark "The Cobra Hall" Challenge in Anza, CA on June 3, 2000
* Winner by T.K.O in a Kickboxing bout at the II Bas Rutten Invitational in Littleton, CO on June 26, 1999
* Winner by referee stoppage at the I Bas Rutten Invitational in Littleton, CO on Feb. 6, 1999
Grappling Record (Submission Wrestling with BJJ techniques)
* 1st place at the Grapplers Quest in Las Vegas on Nov. 16, 2002
* 1st place at the 3rd American International Grappling/BJJ Championships in Carson, CA on Dec. 9, 2001
* 1st place Women's Heavyweight Winner at the Grappler's Challenge in Toronto Canada on Aug 8, 1998
I had the pleasure of working with Coach Scott Miller and the Women's Wrestling Team at Pacific University in late 2002 and March 2003.
Rape Prevention & Self-Defense
The truth is that most self-defense programs and martial arts classes teach "striking" without addressing ground self-defense, because they lack the knowledge in "proper ground reversals and escapes".
Q: What do you do if are thrown on the ground and attacked?
A: You need to fight from the ground up effectively. I can teach you.
Q: How will knowing how to strike help you in this life threatening situation?
A: There are few ways you can strike back being on the ground, but you will need to be in a "controlling/dominant position". The key is to always control the situation. I can show you this and much more.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), popularized in the United States by Royce Graciewith his performances in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, is arguably the most effective and realistic fighting system. It is the perfect self-defense for the smaller individuals, women, and children.
By addressing the fact that most real fights end on the ground, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu offers its participants the ability to defeat larger opponents through the application of various submission (chokes, arm and leg locks ) and throwing techniques.
Benefits of Learning Self-Defense
Knowing you can protect yourself is the ultimate security one can posses.
One-on-One Training available.
Group Training Sessions available, if you have a matted location or matted gym area.
In my quest for the best full-contact sport, the combination of Mixed Martial Arts and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the best. Through several competitions and challenging myself to a higher level I was able to defeat more experienced martial artists.
I, Mayra Conde am Purple Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor having studied under 4th Degree Black Belt Master Marcus Vinicius and Bas Rutten at The Beverly Hills Jiu Jitsu Club.
Beverly Hills Jiu-Jitsu Club
912 1/2 Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA. 90035
One-on-One Training available
If you are ready to feel better and to look better, call me or e-mail me for an immediate appointment.
"Challenge Yourself And Survive"